Jun 20, 2009

Sex and the City and Carb Hangover

Good Morning ~

I am sure it is a "good" morning somewhere, just not here. Rainy and overcast for the third &*(*&^ day in a row. Did someone forget to tell Mother Nature it is almost the end of June in Toronto? Where is our sunshine?

Last night I spent with my my friends from work, the same women I went to Buffalo with last week. We had planned a Girls Night: Sex and the City movie, Chinese food and cheesecake. I didn't get home until almost 2 a.m. I feel old this morning.

We had a nice night. It began much later than planned as two of the women had to work late and we didn't end up all together at S's place until after 8 p.m. I had left work around 3 so I could go to Costco to pick up cheesecake and run a few errands. At 6 p.m. I was still sitting in Panera waiting to hear when S would be home and I was starving! So I had their Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad with Chicken. It was so good and very point friendly and filling!

When we finally got to S's, she had munchies and then we ordered Chinese food. By the time the Chinese food came I was starving again. I only had about 1/2 cup fried rice and 2 chicken balls and 1 slice of tiramisiu cheesecake but this morning I feel bloated and fuzzy headed (what I call a carb hangover). Today's plan is lots of water and fresh vegetables to detox my system.

Overall, I had a great evening. We laughed so hard! The movie was fun. I have never been a huge fan of the TV show but I have had a crush on Chris Noth since his early L&O days so it was a pleasure to watch him in the movie and I am a bit of sap for love stories.

Right now, everyone here is still in bed and all I can hear are the birds chirping outside and the fridge running :) Sometimes I forget how peaceful peace and quiet can be. Soon enough Den and the boys will be up and chaos will reign for the day. But for now, me and my Carnation Instant Breakfast are enjoying the calm.

I have no concrete plans on how to spend the day, but should give our bedroom a thorough clean and sort out stuff - we have way too much stuff. Oh, good thing I just remembered...I have a coffee date with a former coworker at 1. I swear I am losing my memory as I get older.

No comments:

Post a Comment