Jul 22, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings

I am feeling much better today.

A good night's sleep makes a world of difference to me, but food wise, I planned a lazy eating/cooking day.

I decided to start the day off and be nice to my body so I had a Green Monster for breakfast. What is a lazy Green Monster? 1 cup of milk, 1 pkg Carnation Instant Breakfast (NSA chocolate), 2 cups of spinach and half a banana with some ice cubes to make it nice and frosty. It was delicious, I drank it on my way to work.


For snack this morning, I had a Power Flax muffin from the Oh She Glows website.

For lunch I had a frozen entree. I only eat them 2-3 x a month but when I am stressed for time and imagination, they come in handy. I got this one at Metro and it looks like their answer to the PC Blue Menu products. Meatloaf is total comfort food :) It wasn't bad for a processed meal.


For an afternoon snack, I had some delicious seedless green grapes that I picked up at Loblaws on one of my bathroom breaks.

Dinner tonight was roast turkey breast, peas,corn, mashed potatoes and gravy. Delicious..and there is some turkey left over for lunch tomorrow :)


After dinner settled, my hubby and I went for a walk around our neighbourhood. We were out about 45 minutes and clocked up another 1.85 miles. He's been walking alot since he came home from the hospital in April since he can't drive yet. He is getting stronger on his feet and his balance is improving.

I've been researching Larabar recipes and found a couple that look good, so I'll try them out tonight or tomorrow. I looked at them in Loblaws today and found the cinnamon roll one that another blogger mentioned and also a chocolate one that sounded delicious. At $1.99 a bar, they are not overpriced compared to other bars, but I did notice that the ingredient list still contained alot of "stuff" other than fruit and nuts. They are also high in WW points which I guess makes sense because of all the nuts. I'm going to fiddle with some recipes and see what I come up with. Stay tuned!

It would be nice to hit my 30lbs lost this Friday, but last week I had a big loss (5.4 lbs) so I am expecting a very minor loss, if any at all. It will happen eventually, I know..I just want it to happen NOW :)

No comments:

Post a Comment