Aug 28, 2009

TGIF and Staying on Track

 

stay_on_track It’s Friday!!

This has been a long week.  Very successful in my “healthy lifestyle” though :)  I am staying on track every day and following my exercise schedule.  Seriously, who knew just making a schedule would make it so much easier to actually do it?? As of tonight, I have finished a complete week of scheduled workouts.  The C25K tonight was surprisingly easy!  I didn’t break a sweat until the third interval. So…next week I am going to repeat Week 1 but at a faster speed for the walking and the running before I go to Week 2. When I started, I couldn’t even run through the last interval, to be just breezing through after such a short time seems like a miracle to me!

Today we all left work at 2 to go to a goodbye lunch for our summer co-op student and we went to Canyon Creek.  I had the Prime Rib sandwich with fries. I took the top off the sandwich (its served on French style baguette) and only ate half of the bottom bread, I trimmed all the fat from the meat (I hate fat and have been doing that since I was a little girl anyway) and ate about 1/3 of the fries. I am not sure how to count it so I put it as 30 points for the meal. I am planning to earn lots more AP for this coming week so hopefully it will all even out in the end.

Tonight Den and the boys wanted Wendy’s so I took them through the drive through to pick it up but just got a diet coke for me. I am not hungry again and the meal from lunch was very heavy.  So I had a bowl of cereal for dinner.  I’ll eat a snack before bed as well.  Sometimes I think I eat way more on WW than I did before! It feels like I am always eating!!!

My official weekly weigh in was this morning and I stayed the same. I’m ok with that. It’s the tail end of TOM and I know earned lots and lots of AP and I ate restaurant food yesterday (which always gives me a temporary gain) so I am sure all my hard work will show up next week, or with my luck, tomorrow :) I weigh myself every day.

Monday will mark 7 months since I officially started to try and lose weight so I’m going to see what I weigh and check my measurements and see how far I’ve come since January 31.

Tomorrow I am shuffaloing to Buffalo with a co-worker to go shopping. I’m not planning on buying much – a knapsack type purse and some shoes for the Fall that I can wear the site comfortably. More eating out though!! She had said she wanted to go to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Now I don’t like cheesecake so that may be my saving grace! I’ve never eaten there but everything I have seen about it on the WW boards tells me the menu is high, high, sky high in fat and calories so I’m not sure what I’m going to get.

Exercise Update

"You can do what you have to do, and sometimes you can do it even better than you think you can."

Jimmy Carter

I switched today’s workout to C25K from 30 Day Shred so I can do the Shred tomorrow morning before I head out town for the day. The Shred will be easier to do in the morning than C25K.

I’m going to do another week C25K at the Week 1 workout and then the week of September 5th try Week 2.

celebration

Week 1
Aug 22-28
AM PM Check
Saturday 30 Day Shred L1-1   Yes!
Sunday Walk   Yes!
Monday   C25K - W1W1 Yes!
Tuesday   30 Day Shred L1-2 Yes!
Wednesday   C25K - W1W2 Yes!
Thursday   Walk (2.32 miles) Yes!
Friday   C25K - W1W3 Yes!

1 comment: