Aug 23, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hello everyone,

First I want to give a shout out and big thank you to all my WeightWatchers.ca buddies who support me every day on the site. There are three threads I post to every day and these ladies, and a couple of gents, are so amazing. They are always inspirational and always make me smile. Two threads are on the 100+ board (Halloween Knockouts and Never Give Up) and one on the Newbies board (SOGs). They make this journey so much easier and I look so forward to logging in each day and "talking" with everyone. A special shout out to Tina (Nowmotivated) for her sense of humour and for being my walking buddy.

I did really well this weekend. TOM is here with a vengeance and normally I curl up and eat the crappiest of food. I am always under points because the thought of eating just turns my stomach at this time, but I eat crappy fast food because its easy. This weekend, I am still under points, but made a huge effort to eat healthy food and it has worked out pretty well.

I also stuck to the first two days of my workout schedule!!

Let me tell you about The 30-Day Shred. First of all, I think Jillian Michaels will drive me crazy if I have to listen to her every time I do it. I think once I have the routine down, I will just put music on and mute the DVD, her voice and her "encouragement" just annoyed me. The work out itself? I found the cardio to be very high impact - jumping jacks, kick backs and jump rope. These are all putting huge impact on our already over burdened joints. In truth, the cardio sections are only 2 minutes at a time for three times so its not not-doable, just difficult and I am sure it will get easier as time goes by. The workout itself, I really enjoyed because of the variety. She does 3 circuits of 6 minutes each and a 2 minute warm up and cool down. The moves are not complicated at all, I've always had trouble with squats and lunges but the way she showed how to do them and described what not to do - was very helpful and I think I may have actually done them right this time. I definitely feel my abs this morning. As I said in one of my WW posts, they are screaming out from under the layers of fat! Of course, the major bonus is that it is only 20 minutes and even when I was thinking I couldn't do another jumping jack or crunch, the time was going by so fast and before I knew it we were moving on to something else and then done.

Today I did 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill. Tomorrow is an attempt to go back to the C25K program.

I'm off now to make some strawberry shortcakes for us and a pot of coffee and then pack my meals for tomorrow, then read for a bit before bed.

I hope you have all had a great weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you made good choices this weekend. I'm sure the scale will reward you.

    ReplyDelete