Apr 30, 2011

Day 119 - 120, New Year

It is a beautiful Saturday in my little neighbourhood....it's about time after the all the rain and high winds we had all week.

Last night I went with some friends to see Calendar Girls at the The Royal Alexandra Theatre in downtown Toronto. The show was amazing...starring one of my all-time favourite Canadian actors, Fiona Reid.  We were in the Orchestra section, tenth row, centre. The cast was talented and the story was bittersweet, we laughed and cried.

Before the show we had dinner at Fred's Not Here on King Street in the theatre district.  Take my word for it, there is nothing point friendly on their menu!!! I had the Jump-up Spicy Vegetable Soup, 6-hour oven Slow Roasted Alberta “high river” region certified angus beef brisket w/ grilled portobello spinach risotto and the dark chocolate banana cake. Aside from being the most expensive meal I have had in a very long time, it was also one of the most delicious. The brisket melted in my mouth and the risotto was perfect.  I could have eaten a huge bowl of the soup and been happy. It was spicy and flavourful but not so hot that all you can taste is the heat. The banana cake was a very small portion, 3 very small bites, but it was so rich that it was just the right amount.

It was a difficult meal to "count" so I just allocated all of my weekly points (49) to it and will stick to my daily points for each day the rest of the week. This won't be a problem, I've done it many times and I also have activity points if I really need them.

I had planned yesterday to be a rest day from exercise but I ended up walking from the Eaton Centre at Yonge/Dundas to the Royal Alex which was about half an hour. Not a big deal except I was wearing very flimsy, non supportive galdiator sandals and today my feet are very, very sore. I had planned to redo Week 2 of C25K starting today but my feet were just too sore so I ended up walking to the Wentworth Stairs with my son's girlfriend and we did the stairs then walked back.

Still have a ton of housework and laundry to do. Just a normal weekend around here :) How's yours going?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun.

    Had dinner with the Boss and my parents tonight.

    The Devil's Punchbowl is indeed in Stoney Creek! I love it...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete