Dec 28, 2011

Day 362, New Year

Just about to head to the gym. I went yesterday and walked 45 minutes. Tonight is the third "assessment" with the Personal Trainer  that I got for signing up at the gym. Tonight we are doing "arms". I hate my arms. I am not sure any amount work will make me love them, but the Personal Trainer is cute and funny and very encouraging, so its well worth the hour. I might actually learn something as well! You never know :)

While waiting for a friend at lunch today I popped into Factory Shoe and headed straight for their clearance rack and found the Asics I wanted before Christmas at the ridiculously low price of $64.99. I was so happy. They are comfy and fit perfectly and a pretty purple/silver colour to boot. Can't go wrong there.  I loved my previous Asics and although I experimented with a couple of other brands, I have to admit my heart (and feet) belong to Asics.

I will wear them tomorrow for the first time on my run with my friend Tiffany tomorrow...we're going to do a practice 5k.  I also picked up my race kit and Resolution Run jacket today and will wear it tomorrow and I will also use my new-to-me Garmin Forerunner 305 for the first time....actually a little psyched about this run tomorrow, for the first time in a long time, to be honest. Let's hope it goes well. Tiffany runs faster than I do and I don't want her to feel she has to hang back because of me (you listening Tiff...just go!!, I will see you at the end).  I'm also a little worried about my breathing lately, I am going for asthma tests in a few weeks but in the meantime breathing is sometimes very difficult.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo on the Asics. Have fun with the trainer. I hope it's not asthma but good idea to get it checked out.

    ReplyDelete