Jan 25, 2012

Spring Chick Challenge–Week 3 Results

Start Weight 213.8
Week 1 213.4
Week 2 210.3
Week 3 210.3
Total Loss 3.5

Here’s my round up of my week (Thursday to Wednesday)

Weight

Stayed the same this week and although it is always a little disappointing not to see a lower number, I know I had a great week. The scale will catch up. It just means to keep going forward and not give up.

Food

Stayed on track and within points all 6/7 days. Ate clean and portion controlled meals cooked by me. I had one meal out at a Thai restaurant and made it fit into my day/week as well as a box of Junior Mints so I didn’t hit the 100% sugar free but I’m happy with it.

Fitness

  • Saturday – 30 min box fit class/30 min elliptical
  • Sunday – 20 min walk/35 min walk including half the Wentworth Stairs
  • Monday – Walked 20 min at lunch, it was pouring rain and I didn’t feel like sitting all afternoon in wet clothes!
  • Tuesday – Walked 30 minutes

Monday I woke up very stiff and sore. Abs and shoulders were tight and the most sore (that’s from the boxfit warm up and workout) as well as my calves from the jumprope and stairs. All day I was counting minutes until I could go home and soak in a hot bath. It helped tremendously. I was fine by Tuesday morning.

Fun

Met Leigh at Poonapalooza for a walk, signing up for the Learn To Run Clinic and coffee. Enjoyed the milder weather we had on the weekend. Had a really nice chat with Liam on our walk on Sunday afternoon. Loved the boxfit class.

Next Week

  • Keep tracking/counting/avoiding sugar
  • Fit in activity when I can
  • Mini Challenge – try a new activity – I’m thinking, Zumba maybe?

Health Stuff

Just as  a follow up to last night’s post, thank you so much for all your support and good wishes. I’ve investigated a few things and have decided to cut out drinking caffeine – this means I may still indulge in chocolate now again, but I’m giving up coffee, black tea and my beloved Diet Pepsi and Coke Zero. Now I’ve done this before and gone up to 9 months so I know I can do it. I’m hoping it helps. I’m going to start tomorrow and hopefully the worst of the cravings will be gone by Monday when I return to work and more importantly, there’ll be a health benefit in a week or so.

I’m loving this challenge, I don’t think I ever made to the third week of any other challenge I tried before. This one just seems realistic and supportive rather than competitive. I’ve met some great new bloggers and gained some interesting insight.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your endocronologist is taking good care of you. And I think it is really great you are quitting the aspartame. Maybe that will help you to feel better.

    I did the RR learn to run many years ago. I wonder if they are still using the same formula? Make sure to post after your first class!

    ReplyDelete