Feb 11, 2012

Snowy Saturday

Winter has hit the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) full force today. I had to clear about 3 inches of snow off my car before I could leave to go to WW this morning. I'm only 5 feet tall which means I can't reach to the middle of my windshields without leaning right across my car - I was frozen and feeling very snowmanish by the time I was done.

The weigh in was good. I was down 2.5 lbs. The receptionist said I lost 3.5 and I was thrilled to bits, but when I got to my car and did the math, it's actually only 2.5 which brings my weight to 204.3. Closer and closer to Onederland. I was really disappointed at first but the wonderful Tiffany reminded me that 2.5 is an excellent loss. I also reminded myself that last week's loss was a bonus because I had really eaten badly the days leading up to it, so 6 lbs in two weeks is actually pretty awesome. Also, there was no exercise at all this week.

I had hoped to get a run in today but unless I can convince myself to treadmill it  - its not happening. Funnily enough I had a snowshoeing class scheduled for this morning and the company cancelled it yesterday afternoon due to "lack of snow". I don't know if there would have been enough packed snow to actually do it today - but I thought it was funny. I'm hoping to still be able to do that this Winter.


9 comments:

  1. I love all of the different classes and activities you try. You've inspired me too look for a local snowshoeing class so thank you. As for you loss, glad to see you've come around to appreciating it. I personally think its a pretty huge loss as is. And I cannot BELIEVE how close you are to onederland! I live in the GTA too but in a student basement apartment + since I'm pretty short as well I can't see outside. I'm glad you mentioned the snow because nothing makes me more grumpy then heading upstairs expecting it to be nice and being blasted with a wall of snow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 lb in two weeks kicks butt! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're getting the weakling version of your snow - about an inch, now mixing with rain. Still managed to get a 3 mile fast dog walk in between the flakes and drops.

    Congratulations on the loss! That's fantastic. You're really doing great and keeping me inspired. Look out Onederland - new inhabitant getting close. And thanks for you kind support Enz - I really appreciate you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome loss! I'm not sure what the penalties are for not going to a WW meeting, but clearing off snow to get there...that is dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic loss! It's always a good idea to check the math as I've often found math mistakes on my tracker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your loss!!! Hope this snows melts quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing awesome! So close to onederland again... one day I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the encouraging (and helpful) comments on my blog.
    Just wanted to tell you (cuz I can't remember if I told you already) that I'm originally from the Toronto area. I still have family there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YOu are doing great. Your weight loss is at a healthy rate and that is what is best for your body. Thanks 4 the encouraging words...they mean so much

    ReplyDelete