Feb 8, 2012

Spring Chick Challenge–Week 6 Check In

imageMy word for this week is "submersed".

I have submersed myself in a whole new way of eating.  Today is Day 4 and I am committed to two weeks. Today I was a little more creative in my cooking and enjoyed my dinner more than I have the first three nights, so it's all about relearning how to cook and what makes a meal.

I am scouring blogs and recipe sites for ideas and inspiration. I would like to get to the point where it's not about food - it's about fuel for my body -but I'm not there yet. Right now, it's about the food.

My scale is showing a slight drop since last Friday's weigh in - keeping my fingers crossed it carries through to Saturday morning.

I realised driving home tonight that it is Valentine's Weekend coming up and although I survived my first Valentine's Day alone last year, the thought of it this year is a bit depressing. Not that I expected to have a new love of my life yet, but I miss Couplehood, you know?

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were newly single, Enz. Couplehood is, indeed, a nice state of being. And there are times when singlehood sounds pretty good too!

    I'm interested to hear about your new eating plan. Will be watching to hear more about it. And yes, it's still about the food for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats exciting to hear that you're trying a new way of eating! Can't wait to hear more. I think food for fuel is a great plan but it's good to enjoy, too. Since starting my paleo challenge I've had at east an egg a day. Eggs are my favorite food aside from pasta so this kind of makes it seem less like I'm punishing myself and more like I'm making myself more awesome instead!

    You don't need to be more awesome, FYI. Pretty sure you're already off the meter on that one :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell people that sooner or later we gotta yank out the Sweet Tooth.
    Myself included. It only gets better. You are doing soooo great!
    I'm soooooo glad ou blog, and I can't wait to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on getting back to cooking Enz! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting on my blog, Enz... I look forward to getting to know you better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're buddies!!! How cool is that! I too am interested in hearing more about your new eating plan.

    Being single, I consider Valentine's day to be a day to remind myself to love me. I will be at site this Valentine's day so a wee ironic that I'll be spending it with a whack of men.

    ReplyDelete