Jul 7, 2012

Day 5 - Whole 30

I'm blogging on my iPhone for the weekend because the power cord for my laptop is dead :( So posts will be a bit shorter.

Today's eats:

Breakfast - eggs scrambled with green pepper, hot pepper, red onions and spinach; cantaloupe; one date; coffee with light coconut milk

Lunch - grilled steak; steamed broccoli, carrots and red peppers; one date

Dinner - Whey powder protein shake with water and coconut milk; 2 dates

Today didn't go so great. First off I woke up feeling very lethargic and my stomach still really upset. I know it can take 2-3 weeks to get over this detox stage so I'm not letting that deter me.

I had a hard time with the meat at lunch and could only eat about half of a 6 oz steak. It got to the point that even the smell was making me feel ill.

I had no appetite for dinner. Even as I was cooking Liam's dinner, the thought of eating meat and even just smelling it seemed revolting to me. I really just wanted a peanut butter sandwich or to have some of his rice.

I didn't though. I decided to relent and have a protein shake. Sort of on the plan and the best choice I could make tonight.




1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you hated meat THAT much. Do you like tofu? Maybe you could add in soy or something. Or have you looked at the plan that Katie's doing? It's totally opposite this one, but she seems to be experiencing all the same benefits that I am -- I think cutting out sugar and processed foods is really the main thing, other than that it's a matter of finding what works for you.

    ReplyDelete