Oct 6, 2016

Week 3 Weigh In

Week 3 was a loss of 2.5 lbs for a total of 8.7 lbs this time around.

A great week that included a catered meal and a restaurant meal.  The restaurant meal was easier because I could choose what I wanted, the catered meal I just had small portions.  

10,000 steps every day since last Thursday.  Some days I really had to push to just pass that 10,000 line. Last night I was walking up and down my driveway at 11 p.m. to get in the last 1,000 steps.  One day I did well over 16,000.


Now to repeat!!! 

This weekend is Thanksgiving and also my wedding anniversary, so it will be bittersweet. 

With only my sons around (all extended family has moved away) for dinner, I won't be cooking the 20 lbs turkey and 10 lbs of potatoes like in previous years; we're going to get a small turkey breast, a bunch of vegetables to steam and I will make our favourite roast potatoes and homemade sage and onion stuffing (which the "boys" will scarf down so there will be no leftovers!) in much smaller portions and enjoy.  This is the one time a year we have pumpkin pie but neither Iain nor I are a fan and Liam will only have one slice, so I think we'll skip it and I'll make pumpkin lattes at home for after dinner. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend so we can sit in the backyard with our lattes and watch the fireflies and the stars.

I am looking forward to the three day weekend though.  







5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing really well. Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving and the sad memories are tempered by the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I can't fathom not liking pumpkin pie, ha ha. Hope you have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanksgiving blessings to you and your boys Enz:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Leigh - same to you and Jules and Rob! Nice to hear from you. Hope you are all well!

      Delete