Nov 24, 2016

Week 10 Weigh In

November is going well.

I am unexplainably tired the last few days but I am sure it will pass. I am still getting my steps in and have been to the YMCA 5/7 days the last three weeks so I am pleased with that.  I'm increasing my minutes/distance on the recumbent cycle as well as my treadmill walking speed and experimenting with the ellipitcal! I say experimenting because I have yet to figure out how to not feel like I am going to fall off with every movement!

I  hit the 20 lb goal I wanted for the end of November and my next goal is to be under 200 by January 6. That's my first weigh-in in January and I think far enough away from Christmas/New Years to have lost the sodium / water retention from Christmas Dinner and New Year's Celebrations.

I had promised myself a full mani/pedi for my 10 lbs loss and I haven't done it yet. So I will carry that to my 20 lbs loss and do that this weekend.  I am also going to try Aquafit this Saturday morning.

My brother has arrived from England and his first day here, he cooked a lovely meal. Rich, decadent and fried!  I loaded my plate with salad and took small portions of the chicken, cheeses and bread.  I think if I stick to my points during breakfast and lunch and take small portions of his cooking and keep eating lots of vegetables, I should be fine while he's here. 

As yet, we don't know how long he's staying.....so keep your fingers crossed that I can hang in there!

In other news, our lovely Fall has finally departed and Winter has arrived. There was ice on the roads this morning and I actually skidded on some black ice and had to swerve to avoid hitting a car in front of me. Thankfully I have good reflexes and good brakes!  Snow tires go on this evening - just in the nick of time!



2 comments:

  1. Twenty down! I am really happy for you! Are you feeling it in your clothes? Don't delay your non-food rewards!! You totally deserve some pampering! It's also great that you think ahead with your brother's cooking! We all do better with a plan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynne - yes I am finding my clothes are baggy but these are clothes I bought in the last 12 months or so because I came up to this weight from about 190 so I have a whole closet of clothes to work my way into :)

    ReplyDelete