Feb 4, 2017

Weigh In Week 20


January was a rough month for me.  I had that fibro flare up that started  before Christmas and would not let up. Then in the first week of January, I became very ill - weak, lethargic, feverish and in a lot of pain that I thought was pancreatitis again. 

Many tests later, it turns out I am anemic. Now I've always had low blood iron but never been diagnosed as anemic. I am now taking 3x the normal dose of iron supplements and in just a week I do feel more like myself in terms of energy.  I will get blood work done again in a few weeks to see if the iron levels have increased and if not, I may need an iron infusion - fun times - NOT!The iron does a huge number on my stomach though so that is not fun. I'm also making a conscious effort to eat more iron-rich foods. 

 I only just started going back to the Y last week and get tired and muscle pains very quickly so I'm taking it easy and also trying to get more sleep - hopefully a combination of all these things can only make the situation better. Let's hope February brings warmer weather, better health and just general good luck!

Quite a few people on the WW Connect site have been doing this little calendar and I kinda like it, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon! It will be a nice visual as the year goes on.

5 comments:

  1. You poor thing, sounds like you've been having a horrible time lately. I hope the iron supplements and food straighten things out long term so you can build up your strength quickly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winters are tough - I'm glad the culprit (iron) was identified and your energy will rebound with the added supplements. I have a hard time with iron as well and my body HATES supplementing - leads to other *issues* sigh... .7 loss is great - You'll be in the ONES before you know it and I like the calendar... Imagine what it will look like in JUNE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to feeling better soon and congrats on the loss. Take care of yourself and dont over do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that calendar idea! I have been told I have low iron too, but for some reason never really thought about being connected to feeling fatigued a lot. I'll have to look into it more. Hope the iron supplements help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You still did very well even though you had a rough month, which I'm sorry to hear about. I do like that visual. Very cool. Hoping you feel better this month and more weightloss to come.

    ReplyDelete