Jun 22, 2009

Something new and delicious!

Over the last few days I discovered this blog "Oh She Glows". The cool thing is that this woman lives in the Toronto area and runs a bakery out of her home. She has some amazing recipes posted but this one really caught my eye as I love pumpkin any time of the year.

Almost Nuttin Pumpkin Muffins

I made a batch tonight and the one I ate was delicious. I only made 12 huge muffins so they came out to three WW points each which is still a great low point snack. These are about the same size as coffee shop muffins so definitely worth the points. Dense, moist and full of pumpkin-y flavour. I'm packing one for a snack tomorrow at work. If you like pumpkin you must try these.

I forgot to post my Weigh In yesterday. I was down 1.6lbs which puts me at 230.2 lbs. I feel like I have been yo-yo-ing the same 2-3 lbs forever. I am hoping the end of June will see me back in the 220s and staying there this time...well until I get into the two-teens of course :)

Eating wise, I'm doing ok. Planning really is the key for me and I've been doing that pretty consistently.

Exercising..not so much. By the time I get home from work, cook dinner, clean up and get everything ready for the next day..I'm just exhausted. Den really used to do alot and now that I am doing it all, I am really noticing how much. I know that exercising would give me more energy..but how to find that energy in the first place? Just do it!!! (I think I've heard that somewhere before!)

I'm on a second medication for diabetes and my blood sugars have been amazing. I've cut way back on what I call "the whites" - white bread, white sugar, white flour, white rice and white pasta and it really does make a difference in how I feel and with my weight loss and blood sugars. Hopefully if I can keep this under control then I can go off the second medication.

Just finishing up my tea and then I'm off to bed, it seems by 10 these days I can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment