Nov 29, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside.

I went for a walk with my WW friend Tina and her dog Sadie today. We went down to the Burlington Waterfront and walked for about an hour. It was an overcast day and I really felt the cold coming off the lake. Even walking briskly I just couldn't get warm. My hands were cold and my legs felt like blocks of ice.

As soon as I got home I made a cup of hot chocolate and if I could have climbed into the cup, I would have.  I lay in bed and covered myself up with a quilt and a blanket and was still cold.  I am still feeling cold now, I just can't seem to get warm - it's like my bones are cold under my skin, you know?

Eating was good today, I got all my points in and the hour walk was good exercise.

I'm off to have a hot bath and then go to bed for the night, hopefully that will warm me up.

No work tomorrow,  I am going to Buffalo for the morning to get some groceries and pick up a few Christmas presents and then visit with a friend in Oakville for the afternoon.

6 comments:

  1. Getting out to get a workout in is great, i love the outdoors, it's the getting back and warming up I hate, I can totally relate! I find a warm bath while drinking tea or coffee helps!
    Hope you enjoyed your day, and thanks for your words of encouragement, they mean alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honk as you pass my house on the way to Buffalo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice day, I'm enjoying going out for walks with my kids for as long as I can before the snow hits :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Buffalo! I hope you get your scale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This article is in fact a good one it assists new web users, who are wishing for blogging.
    My website how to make an app

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment.
    Is there an easy method you can remove me from that service?
    Thank you!
    Here is my homepage ... free iphone

    ReplyDelete