Dec 15, 2009

Day 15 – The Beck Diet Solution

image
Day 15 is about monitoring your food, which I assumed when I read Day 14, but it didn’t actually say to do that – I was just going to do it because that’s what I do anyway, so Day 15 is kind of a bonus day for me.
Beck says that once you have a food plan, you have to monitor it to see if you stuck to it and if you didn’t, why not? Can we change our plans and still stay ON PLAN or do we get sidelined and lose focus and overeat?
I can honestly say I’ve gone both ways many times!
I’m not a fanatic about sticking to my plan – life happens. In a normal week, I stick to it pretty closely about 90% of the time, the weekend is when I tend to veer more, not so much overeat or eat unhealthily but not eat what I planned and I’m ok with that, I don’t think this journey is about being so regimented that there is no room for spontaneity. My main goal is to stay within my WW points and if I succeed at that but ate differently, then I still consider the day a success.
So as promised, here is today’s food plan and how it actually turned out.  I have not yet planned tomorrow’s meals but I will before the night is through and post it separately – I think it will be easier  to manage if I keep the food journals separate from these posts after today.
Before that though, giving myself credit for:
  1. Reading my response cards today.
  2. Turning down Quality Street today.
  3. Tracking everything I ate.
Planned food journal:
POINTS® Tracker entries

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Morning
2/3 serving(s) 1% Milk

1.5
1  packet(s) Instant oatmeal weight control - cinnamon toast
3
Subtotal
3.0
Midday
1  serving(s) Arnolds Select Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
1
1  small apple(s)
1
1  oz Light Cheddar Cheese - 75% Reduced Fat
1
9  nut(s) almonds
1.5
Subtotal
4.5
Evening
1  cup(s) cooked green beans
2 flour tortillas
4
1  fillet(s) cooked haddock fillet(s)
3 oz grilled chicken
3
1/2 cup(s) cooked white rice
1 oz cheese
2
2
Subtotal
11
Anytime
1  container Oikos Honey Yogurt
2
Mary's Crackers (13) - Quick-added food
3
2 tbsp salsa - Quick-added food
2 homemade coconut macaroons
0
3
Subtotal
8
Food POINTS values total used
26.5
Food POINTS values remaining
-0.5
Exercise
20 minute brisk walk

2
Activity POINTS values earned
2

3 comments:

  1. Keeping track like this and staying on your program will help you pass those numbers you've been hanging around at. You're next to hit Onederland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've totally inspired me to dust off my copy of the Beck Diet Solution that I bought earlier this year and give it a go. It's one of those things, I keep meaning to do, but never actually get around to it.

    Sounds like you're in a good place right now. And I'm totally with you on staying on plan through the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, totally with you when it comes to weekends! Weekdays are usually ok, usually... sometimes I get off track. The thing for me is I get to work and first I got to log onto my e-tools and plan my day, if I don't then you can already go "oh oh!"
    And again, you are doing marvellous with this book!

    ReplyDelete