Jan 3, 2011

Day 3, New Year

image 

Day 3 of our little challenge and I have tracked and stayed on track again. 

I was off work today as the Stat Holiday for Jan 1.

My day started off a bit rough, I swallowed a full mouthful of milk before I realised it was completely sour. Is there anything that tastes worse? I didn’t taste it until it hit the back of my throat because I had just brushed my teeth and all that minty freshness masked it. Ugh!  I had planned to go to a Weight Watchers meeting at 10 a.m. but I was too ill.  I will stay for a meeting on Wednesday when I go to weigh in, that wasn’t my plan, but it’s my back up plan :)

I spent the next 3 hours with stomach cramps and vomiting – I am sure some of it was psychosomatic, even thinking about it now is making me feel ill.  By the time I recovered from that, I had to rush out and get groceries and do laundry and then rush home, get dinner on and then start moving furniture and removing faceplates, our landlord is doing annual pest control spraying so it means moving everything back from the walls.

I made a Weight Watchers recipe from the site tonight to go with my fast fry steak. Roasted parsnips and carrots. Really, really delicious. The parsnips completely lose their bitterness when roasted. Parsnips are not a free vegetable though.  I really enjoyed it. I have enough left over to puree with some fat free chicken stock to have for lunch as soup tomorrow.  I love cooking and simple meals that taste great keep me motivated and remind me that real food can be fast food too.

The new “Points Plus” plan seems to be leaning towards a more low-refined carb plan than it was before. I know for myself, this is a better way for me to eat – I feel better, my blood sugar is more even, my thyroid is more stable and I have more energy and even sleep better.

Who else is following the new plan? And what do you think of it?

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Enz!

    I recently decided to recommit to WW. I start back on Wednesday! So excited! Nice to see that you are feeling good on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following the new WW points plan and I have to say it is great for me. I love fruits and veggies and I can add them to things for 0 points. I didn't WW a long time ago and I know it was a points systems, I just don't remember the exact way it went. Today is day one for me and so far, so good. I have 68.8 lbs to lose and I'm so glad I've found others on the web who share my struggles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sour milk = DISGUSTING!!! I feel sick just thinking about it.

    Your dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enz, it feels like old times again seeing ypur daily posts!

    WW is a great plan. I'm not on it or any other plan now, but I have followed WW in the past and it really works. I think you will start seeing pounds come off soon. And eventually you'll reach a point where you pretty much can tabulate the points in your head and then it's like it's not even a plan, just common sense.

    ReplyDelete