Sep 11, 2011

Day 247 - 254, New Year

Another week gone by. And another week where I am "stuck" at the scale. I'm trying to focus on the positive things.

  • I can run 30 min straight pretty easily anytime.
  • I can run 5km if I really try.
  • My clothes are looser.
  • I sleep better.
  • I feel better.

But yet....I'm still carrying about an extra 60 lbs that needs to be gone.

7 weeks of bouncing the same 1.5 lbs is driving me crazy today. I did a ton of activity last week, and have been more active the last 8 weeks than I have been in about 15 years. I stay within my WW points and I eat about 80% clean.

This week, I'm going to try and add in more lean protein and add about 3 points a day from my Weekly Points. I try to save those for eating out or if I want something that's not in my usual eating plan, like ice cream or chocolate. But this week I'll intentionally use 3 extra day just for lean protein and see if this helps kick me off this plateau.

And, I'm going to try and up the activity. The days I don't run - I'm going to walk or do the Wentworth Stairs. Realistically, I know I can't keep up exercise 7 days a week forever and if I try to put that pressure on myself I'll just pack it all in.  But for a week....just to try and shake things up, I can do it.

So...let's see if this works.  I'll check back with you in a week or so.

On a good side - we have completed Week 8 of Couch to 5K. Last week coming up. I have been bouncing ideas about what to do about running when the 9 weeks is up - I haven't made a final decision yet.

Hope you are all having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. You are my running inspiration. I just did day one of week 2 and can't even imagine running for 30min straight. My plan is when week 9 is finished I go right into 1/2 marathon training. I've walked them before but now I want to run at least some of it. I think it's a great idea to try eating more. The same thing was suggested to me at a WW meeting once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the running! I think eating more protein is a great idea...hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry u have been stuck on this plateau. I know it will turn around soon. If you get a chance plz check out my daughters blog. Thanks....
    http://mayajoi4life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete