Jul 19, 2012

Day 17 - Whole 30


Today’s Eats


Breakfast : Whey protein powder with light coconut milk; iced coffee with light coconut milk

Lunch : Naked fajitas; banana
 I just took fajita fillings – grilled chicken/steak, shredded lettuce, diced  tomatoes, onions, peppers, jalapenos and salsa (no cheese/sour cream/guacamole /rice/beans or tortilla!) and ate it all mixed up on a plate. Really delicious!

Snack: 2 dates; raw almonds

Dinner: green salad with chicken breast, sunflower seeds, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice for dressing

I felt good today. No hunger like yesterday, stomach issues are definitely improving.  I don’t’ know if it’s the digestive enzymes or just enough time, and I don’t care as long as it doesn’t get worse again.

I have less than two weeks left on Whole30. I honestly cannot believe I have made it this far and not broken any of the rules or eaten off plan. The protein powder is allowed on the vegetarian version – and if you knew how little meat I ate before starting this you would know that eating meat/eggs for two meals a day was a HUGE challenge for me.

I am considering this my 17th day of success and I fully intend to complete 30 days.

The Eaton Downtown Dash 5K race was fun. This was the goal race for my 5k Running Clinic with the Running Room. I'll do a proper recap tomorrow. The weather was perfect, the course was flat and wide and there was beautiful scenery.  I started out with my friend Melissa and saw my running girls crew at the end.  This was my 10th running event and my 7th Finisher’s Medal.

It was a really nice evening and a great way to jump back into running regularly.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your running event! :)

    Can you believe you're at DAY 17?! Have you decided just to not say anything about it on your other blog? Are you going to post about it once you're done?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whey is dairy, not allowed on whole30

    ReplyDelete