Aug 30, 2012

Back to the Road

Tonight was my first night running since last Thursday. I set my  app incorrectly, everyone else's GPS  said we did 7.9 km but mine registered barely 6 because I had it set on inside running (treadmill) so it was using the accelerometer instead of the GPS...kind of bummed that it didn't record properly, but thrilled that I ran that far after not running for so long.

We did a new to me route that I really liked, except it was so dark coming back through the University Campus and since I am never sure of where I'm going that made me nervous, but thankfully the instructor came back for me so I didn't get lost. This run was a short jaunt through the campus then all residential/commercial neighbourhoods which means curbs, lights, uneven pavement and asphalt - not my favourite terrain...I much prefer trails or gravel so my knees are a little sore tonight, but nothing a hot bath won't fix.

I didn't take a painkiller or antibiotic this afternoon so I could try and run without an upset stomach, although my ears did hurt, the pain was not as bad as it has been so I think the antibiotics are finally working their magic. 



8 comments:

  1. Glad you're starting to see some improvement in your health. Boy am I glad I'm back to my old self again...it was like it was never going to happen and I'm such a baby when I'm sick lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your run! Especially since you've been sick. Hope you continue to improve and get to 100% quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are feeling less dicombobulated; good to hear.

    Have a healthy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your feeling a bit better.

    I laughed out loud at your fruit cake comment yesterday on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!! I wish I could run like that. I'm only starting to try jogging a bit with the couch to 5 k program and I hate when it doesn't record right! I had the same problem. Anyway , I am inspired and hope I can get to your level!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your ears clear up soon! Great run especially not feeling the best! Amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling much, much better now Enz. Take care!

    Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enz, great job on the run! Especially since you were experiencing ear pain. Hopefully the antibiotics will do their job and you can feel 100% again.

    I wanted to ask you who designed your blog? PWC needs an overhaul. I really like the way your blog is set up.

    Take care.
    paulawannacracker

    ReplyDelete