Jul 30, 2015

Does 2 days make a streak?

My second successful day back on Weight Watchers. It's amazing how it all comes back to you when you JUST DO IT!

I hit almost 8,000 steps on my FitBit today so tomorrow's goal and for Sat/Sun/Mon is 10,000 steps each day.  Not insurmountable - but a long time since I've done it more than two days in a row.

I am registered for the Niagara Falls 10k (I will be walking) in October and it has been quite some time since I walked 10k in one go so I need to work up to that. It would be nice to beat last year's time of 1 hr 46 minutes.

I went for a short walk at lunch today and that helped boost my steps.  I am no longer working the hospital where it was easy to get 10,000 steps just in my normal work day because of the size of the campus. My current workplace is tiny, tiny, tiny and cramped, so there is no room to just walk about or take the long way to the loo or the photocopy machine when the are less than 20 feet from my desk.  It's not a great neighbourhood for walking in, and the last two weeks have been incredibly hot and humid, I'm hoping it will get better over the next few days.

I have a plan on Sunday to walk at a new trail with a friend and then Monday I am going to hit the beach trail with my tunes and my favourite  walking shoes and see if I can do the 10k loop along the beachfront.  If I go early enough, it will be cool and not overrun with cyclists and roller bladers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment