Sep 16, 2016

Do Something

The last few weeks I seem to have been in a bit of a paralysis of not knowing what to do and feeling like everything is hopeless.  Not so much a pity party as just not knowing how to make this work for the long term. I've lost 50 or so pounds several times in my adult life and then regain, thankfully never going higher and higher but losing below 185 seems to be my downfall and then I regain.

Yesterday I signed up for WW on line with my good friend, who I met through blogging, Tiffany.  She is struggling right now as well and I think we can support each other.  I am not sure I like the new app but the program seems more geared towards healthy eating which I think is a huge improvement.

I am allotted 30 points per day and 42 flex points per week.  Yesterday I used 34 points. I would have ended the day at 28 but mid-afternoon I was in my car and my blood sugar dropped and all I had with me was a granola bar (6 points!). I will have to plan better. The new meds I am on for Type II Diabetes seem to give me lows quite often, I've never experienced them like this before. I do have a Dr. appointment next week and will talk to him about that.

I am also going to talk to him about WLS.  I went through the process back in 2008 when I was around 260 lbs and did most of the preliminary classes and the psychological tests.  Then Dennis had an aneurysm and I put it all on hold and never went back.  I am sitting at 229 lbs as of today and definitely in better health than I was then so I am not sure if I would still qualify since once I do the pre-op diet, I would be under 200 lbs.  I honestly have mixed ideas about this but I think I should investigate further. The wait list in Ontario is so long that just looking into it and restarting the steps will take about a year.

I am working on wearing my FitBit more consistently and yesterday did over 7000 steps which is pretty much a high for me lately.  I'm committing to 5,000 a day for this week (Thurs  - Thurs) and see where I go from there.


No comments:

Post a Comment