Oct 3, 2016

Shame as a Motivator

My goal for October is 10,000 steps a day.  

Saturday, I headed out and walked around my neighbourhood for 64 minutes and got just over 10,000 steps.  Sunday was pouring rain and a yucky day and I was tired and had a ton of coursework to catch up on and blah blah blah.  I did not want to go out and walk.  I kept telling myself to break it up into two half hour walks.  Didn't do it. By 2 p.m. I had pretty much convinced myself that the day was a write off and I wasn't going out.

Just after that, two friends shamed me (unintentionally and unbeknownst to them) into going out for the hour and getting those $&*^ steps - rain be damned.

My friend Guenther (who I used to run with back in the days I ran) texted to tell me he was going out for a 20km run as part of his training for the Niagara Half Marathon.  Then my walking buddy Judy, texted me to tell me she was going to get her 60,000 steps that day.

What the &*^&% is wrong with me that I can't make myself walk for a &^&(* hour????  So, off I went.  I ended the day with 11,200 + steps.





Eating wise, the weekend was much better than last. I stuck to my points and pre-planned meal. And when I met my friends for coffee in the late afternoon, I just had coffee - no bakery treat to go with it.  I did splurge 3 points on a non-fat, sugar free vanilla latte though  and enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. How great that your friends pushed you without realizing it! Great job going for your walk. By the way, I couldn't find you on the WW Connect feature on the app. I will just keep following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've shamed me ;-)
    Well done you for fighting back against the weather and the tiredness

    ReplyDelete