Aug 11, 2017

Weigh In Week 47


Although I ate away from home quite a few times this week, I felt like it was a solid week with no major issues in the food/exercise area. There is always room for improvement.  The last few days people I see everyday (co-workers/family) have been commenting that I am melting to nothing.  I am not sure why I look different because I have basically been maintaining through June/July.  I did notice getting dressed this morning that whatever I tried on felt sloppy and I changed 3 or 4 times before I found something that looked ok enough for work.  My size 14 pants can now be taken off and on without unzipping/unbuttoning (and only 1 or 2 size 12's fit well enough to wear in public!) so maybe all the hiking and increased walking is changing my body a shape a bit and the scale still needs to catch up.

It has been a busy week full of emotions.

The best is first! My third nephew (my sister's second son) was born healthy and a good size at 8 lbs 4 oz. Kalan Christopher suits him perfectly!

I spent two days with her older son, Kiron, while she was in the hospital so her husband could stay with them. I had forgotten how much work a 2 year old is! We had fun but I was glad of the break when he went home!!!

My youngest son (age 20) broke up with his girlfriend of 4 years so it's been a bit of a drama filled and over the top week in that area.  I think he made the right decision but I know he is sad and she is definitely taking it very hard.  I am sure they will both be fine, with some time and reflection.

I had 5 days off work - two days for the baby event, the weekend and then the Civic Holiday so it was a bit of shock to have to go back after that.

I attended (and walked around for a few hours) a local music festival (Festival of Friends) and felt really pretty in my rolled up jeans and white off the shoulder blouse.  Of course, I promptly splashed bbq  sauce all over it....you can dress me up but you can't take me anywhere!
The same day, I also went on a long hike at twilight with a friend and her dog and we had to leave the trail as it was getting too dark to see and take the long way around through the residential neighbourhood to get back to the car so that added about 3 km to our hike. I ended that day at over 23,000 steps!

I am trying to get 3-4 weeknight hikes in every week - about an 60-90 min each time.  Partly to keep moving but also for my sanity right now with all the craziness in my life.  Hiking in the woods is my happy place.  I am so fortunate to live so close to the Bruce Trail and the Niagara Escarpment.




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who spills food on herself. Hahah

    All of those hikes must be making you build muscles! I'm sure the scale will have a whoosh soon. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enz, you are looking fantastic, and doing wonderfully well.
    Great to see - inspiring too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look look beautiful!

    Congratulations on the new nephew. Babies are so fun (toddlers are so much work LOL).

    I love hiking, it's a peaceful time for me too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - great pics... And I want to hold a baby! (Not have one, just hold one)...

    ReplyDelete